Getting the most out of your coconut oil in the kitchen
Here are some great ways to get more out of your coconut oil in the kitchen.
1. Baking. Replace other solid fats with coconut oil in your baking. Coconut oil gives a subtle nutty dimension to your baking. Great for muffins, cakes and banana bread.
2. Stir Fry. Coconut oil is the perfect cooking oil for stir-fries. Coconut oil has a high smoke point which makes it the ideal cooking oil for high temperature cooking.
3. Butter replacement. Coconut oil is a fantastic dairy-free replacement for butter.
4. Coffee. Add a tablespoon to your coffee for a beautiful nutty flavour. Check out bulletproof coffee too!
5. Cleaning. To get rid of sticky grime on your cooktop or work surfaces just mix equal parts of coconut oil and baking soda into a paste. Apply to the “sticky” area and let it set for a minute, then gently scrub off.
6. Popcorn. Just add coconut oil to your warm popcorn for a flavour sensation.